top of page
  • Writer's pictureTKI



Ashesi is recognized as one of the finest universities in Africa, with an educational experience proven to successfully prepare students for rewarding lives and careers. Nearly 100% of Ashesi's graduates receive job offers, start businesses or enter graduate school within six months of graduation. With an academic program designed in collaboration with some of the world's best universities and organisations, Ashesi has created an educational model unlike any other in Africa.

At the heart of the Ashesi Education is a multidisciplinary core curriculum that develops critical thinking, creative problem solving, ethical reasoning, and effective communication skills. The combination of the core curriculum and a rigorous preparation in a major field of study prepares students to thrive and to lead in a rapidly changing world.


  • BSc Business Administration

  • BSc Management Information Systems

  • BSc Computer Science

  • BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering

  • BSc Computer Engineering

  • BSc Mechanical Engineering

  • MSc in Mechatronics Engineering

  • BSc Economics


Applicants to Ashesi need to have Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D), or provide official transcripts from their first year from a university attended in Eswatini.


Applicants who qualify to enter Ashesi, and apply for scholarships, are evaluated on the basis of their financial need. Based on the proven financial need, applicants are placed into one of four categories: Extreme Need, High Need, Medium Need or Low Need. For each category of aid, there is a set amount of funding Ashesi can award, or a set amount of named scholarships assigned. Students in each category are then ranked based on the strength of their admissions application; funding is awarded to students in each category based on this ranking, until the allocated funds run out for the admissions period.

Scholarship cover varies, based on demonstrated need. Ashesi's scholarships can cover a part of tuition fees, or at the entire cost of studying at Ashesi. Some categories of scholarships cover not only the full tuition, but also cover housing, meals on campus, learning materials, and support for basic living expenses. Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be informed of the conditions of their scholarship, in their admissions package.


97% of Ashesi’s Class of 2019 received job, and postgraduate school placement offers within 12 months of graduation, as per responses from their graduate placement survey. 90% of the class had accepted offers and started their careers within the reporting period, while the remaining 10% were pursuing other opportunities. 82% of the Class of 2019 are pursuing their careers and graduate school programmes in Africa, with the other 18% working or pursuing graduate school degrees outside the continent (primarily in Europe). 

The Banking & Finance industry recruited the highest number of graduates in this class at 23.2%, with the Information Technology Industry coming in second with 21.2%. The most significant increase in industry recruitment was with the Transport and Logistics industry, which recruited 11.1% of graduates this year relative to the previous class’ 4%. 


Ashesi is a community that thrives on the contributions of its people - especially students and alumni. Thus, Ashesi’s admissions process looks for students who will not only make the best of Ashesi's educational experience, but will also be committed to strengthening it.

  1. Academic ability - students Ashesi admits must be able to handle the rigour of academic work in university. The admissions committee therefore places high importance on proof of academic ability, specifically your high school transcripts / reports, as well as your Form 5 & A-level examination results

  1. Personal character - A lot of students who apply to Ashesi qualify to be admitted; this means that the application process is very competitive. In order for an application to stand out, prospective students must place an emphasis on sharing information with us that highlights their character and personality. Did you actively play any sport in high school? Were you a member of the debate club? Did you do some work when you were not in school? Applicants must share as much of these experiences with us as possible. Unlike other universities, applicants will find that academic ability is not the only factor considered in admitting a student at Ashesi. You must therefore make it a point to let Ashesi know who you are, outside of the classroom, in your application.

Other key characteristics Ashesi considers are:

  • ​​Student ambition, and an openness to engage the unfamiliar.

  • A demonstrated interest in engaging outside the classroom.

  • Desire to help others and contribute to solving problems.

  • Willingness to engage opportunities and help create them.


1. Completed online application form, including personal essays.

2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.

3. Six EGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)

4. Students applying for engineering programs must also meet the following requirements: three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.


Starting in 2018, Ashesi accepts applications from students who are interested in transferring to Ashesi from other universities. Transfer student applications will be processed on a case-by-case basis by admissions offices and academic departments, and students who are admitted may be eligible to have one year of study waived at Ashesi. In order to secure admission, candidates looking to transfer must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that Ashesi has received an official transcript from each institution attended in order to complete your application.

382 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Deadline: 31 March 2024 The Ministry of Labour and Social Security Scholarship Department has announced the 2024 international higher education scholarship and the 2024 Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MO

bottom of page