DAAD- AFRIKA KOMMT FELLOWSHIP
Deadline: 2 April 2021
The programme AFRIKA KOMMT! brings together the most visionary young leaders from Africa and leading German companies. Companies benefit from the expertise, knowledge, local network and unique African perspective of the young professionals. The African fellows dive deep into the German corporate specifics, German business spirit and the German culture. Empowered with international experience, technical skills and German language they become African change agents for the sake of both: the German business relations with Africa as well as for economic and social growth in the fellows’ home countries and communities.
● Be a Citizen of any African country
● Have a University degree in a relevant subject.
● Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
● Have two to five years work experience
● Have excellent English language skills
● Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
● Not be older than 35 years at the time of application
FURTHER SELECTION CRITERIA
In addition to the above technical and educational requirements, you should also have the following skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● High willingness to learn German
● High leadership potential
● Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
● High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
● Strong capacity for teamwork
● High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
● Open mindset
● Outstanding intercultural competencies
● Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
● Ability to reflect own behavior and bias
Check the available fellowship placements and required profiles for the new intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!. The fellowship placements will only be available during the application phase. Your application will be considered for the AFRIKA KOMMT! programme as a whole, however you are asked to select maximum 2 profiles in the application form and to give reasons for your choice.
Register on https://application.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form, you will be asked to upload a short presentation about your motivation, an idea for a change initiative, a photo and your certificates.