top of page
  • Writer's pictureTKI



Ashesi is recognized as one of the finest universities in Africa, with an educational experience proven to successfully prepare students for rewarding lives and careers. Nearly 100% of Ashesi's graduates receive job offers, start businesses or enter graduate school within six months of graduation. 82% of the Class of 2019 are pursuing their careers and graduate school programmes in Africa, with the other 18% working or pursuing graduate school degrees outside the continent (primarily in Europe).

Welile Dlamini (Manzini Nazarene High) & Nonzuzo Sikhosana (Lusoti High) are students from Eswatini currently pursuing a BSc in Computer Science & Information systems

The Banking & Finance industry recruited the highest number of graduates in this class at 23.2%, with the Information Technology Industry coming in second with 21.2%. The most significant increase in industry recruitment was with the Transport and Logistics industry, which recruited 11.1% of graduates this year relative to the previous class’ 4%.


● BSc Business Administration

● BSc Management Information Systems

● BSc Computer Science

● BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering

● BSc Computer Engineering

● BSc Mechanical Engineering


1. Completed online application form, including personal essays.

2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.

3. Six EGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)

Students applying for engineering programs must also meet the following requirements: three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.


Ashesi is a community that thrives on the contributions of its people - especially students and alumni. Thus, Ashesi’s admissions process looks for students who will not only make the best of Ashesi's educational experience, but will also be committed to strengthening it.

  1. Academic ability - students Ashesi admits must be able to handle the rigour of academic work in university. The admissions committee therefore places high importance on proof of academic ability, specifically your high school transcripts / reports, as well as your Form 5 & A-level examination results

  1. Personal character - A lot of students who apply to Ashesi qualify to be admitted; this means that the application process is very competitive. In order for an application to stand out, prospective students must place an emphasis on sharing information with us that highlights their character and personality. Did you actively play any sport in high school? Were you a member of the debate club? Did you do some work when you were not in school? Applicants must share as much of these experiences with us as possible. Unlike other universities, applicants will find that academic ability is not the only factor considered in admitting a student at Ashesi. You must therefore make it a point to let Ashesi know who you are, outside of the classroom, in your application.


Applicants who qualify to enter Ashesi, and apply for scholarships, are evaluated on the basis of their financial need. Based on the proven financial need, applicants are placed into one of four categories: Extreme Need, High Need, Medium Need or Low Need. For each category of aid, there is a set amount of funding Ashesi can award, or a set amount of named scholarships assigned. Students in each category are then ranked based on the strength of their admissions application; funding is awarded to students in each category based on this ranking, until the allocated funds run out for the admissions period.

Scholarship cover varies, based on demonstrated need. Ashesi's scholarships can cover a part of tuition fees, or at the entire cost of studying at Ashesi. Some categories of scholarships cover not only the full tuition, but also cover housing, meals on campus, learning materials, and support for basic living expenses. Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be informed of the conditions of their scholarship, in their admissions package.

928 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All


DEADLINE: 1 August 2024 The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Applying


Beginning from the 2024-2025 academic year, the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan is proud to introduce the “International Education Grant named after Heydar Aliyev”. Thi

1 Comment

Sep 30, 2022

The $50 application fee is a bit much is it possible to ask for a waiver ...

bottom of page